Spring means so many things: warm weather, flowers, sunshine, rainy days, new adventures, and spring cleaning! I've partnered with Abboo Candle Co. to give you five spring cleaning tips that will help motivate you to jump start your tidy sessions.
When I say spring cleaning, I mean two things. One, is hands and knees cleaning. I usually deep clean our house (baseboards and all) at least two times per year. Windows, doors, move the furniture, dust, sweep, the whole nine yards. I'm still searching for a natural cleaning product that works well so right now I am using mostly Lysol and Pledge. If you have other ideas, drop them in the comments below. Just remember I have a white shower and red conditioner for my hair.
When it comes to spring cleaning, I also clean out every room. Don't lie, you throw things in drawers, under the bed, and in closets to get it out of the way for the time being. I do it too, and usually just forget about it. So in the spring and generally in the fall, I go through and clean out the drawers and closets in each room.
This probably seems daunting to most and it certainly can be so I'm sharing some helpful spring cleaning tips below.
5 USEFUL SPRING CLEANING TIPS
- Make a game plan. Decide what you want to accomplish, what are the big projects, what are the small projects, and what takes priority. For me, I prioritize the rooms we use most frequently and leave the other rooms for last. Our garage is another project we plan to leave until May when it's consistently warm.
- Take it room by room. If you live in a space with more than one room, there's no way you will accomplish everything in one day. Well I suppose there is a way, but you might overwhelm yourself. For the next four weekends, I have plans in each of the rooms in our house. That works best with my schedule and makes it seem like less of a monumental project.
- Stick to your schedule. Hold yourself accountable and stick to the schedule you set. Even if something comes up on the Saturday you planned to clean out the guest room, find another time to do it within 48 hours. This will help you accomplish your goals and stay on track.
- Be okay to purge. We all have things we like to hang on to, but do you really need that magazine from 2012? Probably not. Get rid of the items you no longer use or have a need for. My rule of thumb is: If I didn't know I had it or haven't used it in six months, it's time to go.
- Invest in some quality candles and unique scents. There's something so rewarding about lighting candles and changing the scent in your home after you clean especially when the seasons change. I actually clean our home every Sunday, or I at least clean the bathrooms and Collin vacuums. I light our candles when I'm finished and just embrace having a beautiful, clean home for five minutes.
I recently discovered Abboo Candle Co. and am so excited to introduce them to you. Michelle is a local chandler here in Indy and guys, her scents are spot on! I have her wax melts in all four of our warmers and am burning two candles. Our home smells like spring. The Blue Volcano smells very similar to the candles you'd find at Anthropologie, just for a fraction of the cost. The Mahogany Coconut perfectly blends the beach and the woods which is great for Collin and me.
You can use the code TRENDYIN15 for 15% off at checkout now with Abboo Candle Co. I don't really think you can go wrong with any of her scents.
So what's first on your list? Any spring cleaning tips you care to share?
*This spring cleaning tips post was sponsored by Abboo Candle Co. Thank you for supporting the brands that work with Trendy in Indy.