If you are like me, you appreciate quick meals that taste delicious and fill you up. This Taco Skillet recipe doesn't even require sides.
We aren't really sure if this is actually called Taco Skillet, but that's the name we given it at this point. Collin found this Taco Skillet recipe on Buzzfeed's Tasty a few months ago and this is another one we make frequently.
Delicious Taco Skillet Recipe
What you'll need:
- 1 pound of ground beef (or 1.5 pounds)
- 1 package of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2.5 cups of water
- 2 cups of uncooked elbow noodles (we use gluten free)
- 1/2 can of diced tomatoes (we buy the 15 oz can)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
How to make it:
- Brown the ground beef on the stove. Drain when cooked thoroughly.
- Add taco mix, water, drained diced tomatoes, and elbow noodles. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and stir. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese and sour cream.
This taco skillet recipe makes enough for us to eat at least two nights, so about 6 servings.
Tips from Chef Jen at Market District
Jen at Market District suggested we puree Guajillo chilis to use as a sauce. We selected 4 chilis, submerged them in water, cut them open to remove the seeds, and blended them using our NutriBullet. We removed the seeds so it would be less spicy.
I used this chili puree as an additional sauce for my meal. It was delicious and added an extra saucy flavor to the dish. Another great suggestion from Market District!
This taco skillet recipe is a great one to make if you just need something quick and want to have leftovers for the next night! Enjoy.