We're continuing on with Trendy Hair Week focusing on easy styling tips.
Hair Care Tips: Drying
- Always get your roots dry no matter what.
- To give yourself an at-home blow out, make sure you have a round brush and a clip to section out your hair.
- Wash your hands after putting product in your hair, before you dry to keep your dry hair free from unwanted leftover product.
Hair Care Tips: Curling
- Curl smaller sections of hair to ensure that the curl will hold.
- Alternate curling toward your face and away from your face.
- You curling tool makes a huge difference. I love Hot Tools products.
- If you have shorter hair, a smaller barrel might be better for you. I also like to alternate barrels depending on the look I'm going for.
Hair Care Tips: Teasing
- I like to tease in three sections: toward the back of my part and on either side of my part.
- Do not tease with hairspray as it will damage your hair.
- Use your comb to smooth out the first layer or section you tease to reduce flyaways.
Hair Care Tips: Care
- Don't wash your hair every day. Make dry shampoo your friend. Click here for a tutorial from Brighton Keller.
- If you want to make a drastic color change, call a salon or stylist! Don't try it at home.
- Products matter. Sometimes high end products are worth it and sometimes Target products will do the trick.
- If you color your hair, use the appropriate shampoo and condition. I've linked the red color care products I love.
Hair Care Tips: Braids
- Kristin Ess Loose Powder is a life saver and you need it. It gives braids this texture that doesn't exist without it.
- Follow Twist Me Pretty for the best tutorials.
I hope you guys are loving this week! All of your messages mean the world. Feel free to contact me as always.