For brides-to-be, January is a big month. It's usually a month filled with decision making and finalizing "the big stuff."
A few months ago I had the opportunity to partner with Photography by Mykal Bailey and LUXEredux Bridal for a styled bridal shoot. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to share some general wedding planning tips for brides, and specifically for brides planning a wedding in Indy.
General Wedding Planning Tips for Brides:
- Find your venue and/or church first. You really can't do much until you have a venue because that will allow you to secure your date.
- Think about the number of people you want to invite as this will have an impact on the venue you select.
- Weddings are expensive. Make a budget, stick to it, and plan ahead so that you are prepared.
- It's okay to say no when your parents want you to invite their friends you've never met.
- Use some kind of tool to help you plan. I had a planning book and made multiple excel sheets to help me stay organized.
- Utilize a hair and makeup artist unless someone in your party is talented. I cannot stress the importance of this. It makes a huge difference in photos and helps everyone's stress level on the day of the wedding.
- Make a plan for your bridal party and send it out a week before the wedding. Give them a detailed list of what they need to bring and what time they need to be where.
- Remember that you cannot control the weather.
- Don't settle for less. This is your wedding so make sure it is your dream come true, but remember that the most important thing is that you'll be married at the end of the day!
For more tips, head to The Knot, another great resource for brides.
Wedding Planning Tips for Brides - Indianapolis Suggestions
Below I am providing some suggestions if you're planning a wedding in Indy. I receive questions frequently for suggestions on who to use for various things so hopefully this will help!
I've worked with all of the below photographers and they are amazing.
- Classic Cakes of Carmel
- Cake Bake Shop (I'm not sure if they do wedding cakes, but you should go there and just have a piece because WOW).
Hair and Makeup Artist
- e.l.o beauty
- G Michael Salon
- The Voom Room
- Merle Norman- Lori in Indy
- Gwen, Wild Roots
- Extensions by Marie
- Kate Shaw
Hopefully you will find these wedding planning tips helpful if you are a beautiful bride to be! Congrats on your engagement and enjoy the planning process.