It's almost the time of year where everyone comes out of their winter hibernation and starts exploring. It's also time to make your summer bucket list and Indiana should definitely be on there. For those of you who are local, you can add these places to your weekend plans. Check out 10 things to do/places to see in Indiana.
1. Cake Bake Shop. This perfect bakery is located in Broad Ripple which is a great area to visit if you've never been. But this little shop has the best desserts in the world and their branding is absolutely amazing.
2. The Garden Table. Perfect breakfast, brunch, and lunch spot with two locations in Broad Ripple and on Mass Ave. make sure to try their juices and avocado toast.
3. Turkey Run State Park. Some of the best hiking and camping in Indiana. The trails are adventurous and fun. I don't recommend going after it's been raining and make sure you wear shoes that you're okay to get a little dirty.
4. The Indy 500. If you've never been to this race over Memorial Day weekend, you have to go. I can't even describe the event with the right words. You just have to go to understand how incredible it is.
5. Brown County and Brown County State Park. I've only been to Brown County a couple of times but the area is so cute. If you've ever been to Gatlinburg it's kind of like that. Beautiful in the fall also.
6. University Campuses: Butler, IU, Notre Dame, and/or Purdue. The college campuses in Indiana truly are amazing. I've really only been to these four but each campus has something unique to offer.
7. Mallow Run Winery. There are several wineries and breweries all over Indiana, but Mallow Run has my favorite Rhubarb wine. They also do a summer concert series which is so much fun on the weekends.
8. Lake Monroe. This lake is located near Bloomington and the IU campus. You can rent a party boat, jet skis, kayaks, whatever fits your needs. It's the perfect weekend escape.
9. Marengo Cave. If you want to take a trip to southern Indiana, Marengo Cave is a great stop along the way. You could also visit Holiday World while you're down there.
10. West Baden Springs Hotel. Located in French Lick, this hotel was recently renovated and it is stunning. Make sure to take your camera and stop at Cafe Sinclair's for breakfast or lunch.
Before you visit or if you're local, you need to check out Hoosier Proud. Their Indiana wear is so comfy and they have something for everyone.
Comment below and tell me why I should visit your state! Have a great rest of your week.