Originally, this post was going to focus tips for wearing red when you have red hair. I've been asked so many times about that, so I rounded up my favorite red pieces and did a shoot.
But then, I was receiving messages about holiday looks for work parties, family Christmas, and everything in between. So this post is going to be a combination.
Although I'm not a natural redhead, I've spent the past few years trying to find the best way to wear this power color. If you have red hair, these wearing red tips are for you:
1. Find the red that works best for you. Not every redhead feels like they can pull off every shade of red. Try maroon, muted red, and bright red.
2. Maybe try pops of red. Wearing red with accessories or in a patterned top are good ways to do this.
3. Try a red lip. Again, you'll have to find the shade that works best for you and your routine. Be willing to try a variety.
4. Wear a red bottom. It may be easier for you to wear red jeans or a red skirt. That way, you separate the red in your clothing from your hair.
5. If all else fails, red shoes might be a good option for you. Again, you aren't limited to the traditional cherry red you might be thinking of. Maroon is always good too.
Now, for those of you asking about what to wear to holiday parties, the majority of these looks will actually work well for you. There is truly no better time of year to wear red. Make sure you know what the dress code is for these parties. Some are more casual than others. I'm hoping my family will be up for Ugly Christmas sweaters this year!
Hope you're having a wonderful week.