Soups are a staple in my diet during the winter. Well, really anything warm, like coffee with Bailey's and Kahlua, is good for me in these brisk months.
Sometimes, soups can be a challenge as many broths and pre-made soups have gluten, but this easy Vegetable Soup recipe is one of my favorites. It's so easy and makes a hefty amount, too.
Easy Vegetable Soup Recipe
What you'll need:
- Two bags of mixed frozen vegetables
- Two 32 ounce boxes of beef broth (we usually use reduced sodium)
- 1.5 - 2 pounds of beef or ground turkey
- 1 14 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
- Bay Leaves
How to make it:
- Start by cooking the meat. We usually add some frozen onions to the meat for flavor, but that's optional. Once the meat is done, drain it.
- Cut the celery and the potatoes into small pieces. You can use your judgement on that.
- Using a stock pot, you're going to combine all ingredients. You can add as many veggies as you want. Collin and I like ours to have quite a few.
- When adding the seasonings, add to taste. Add more than you probably think you need because they are trying to flavor a large helping.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes. It would be fine to sit for an hour if need be.
- Ladle and serve!
*Side note, Collin and I like more veggies and less broth. If you want more broth, add less veggies. You can serve with garlic bread and salad if you choose.
That's it! It's so easy and makes at least 6 servings.