This last month has probably been one of the most challenging for me, filled with many growing pains and the challenges that come with that.
As I go through some of these major life changes, I experience ups and downs almost daily. Sunday night I woke up drenched in sweat, hardly slept, and experienced sleep paralysis for a good part of the night. If you've never heard of that, click here to read more... it's freaky.
I've never changed jobs or really experienced a major life change like this. Well, that's not 100% true. My family lost our business my senior year of high school, we filed bankruptcy, I thought I wasn't going to college for a minute. Collin and I also broke up for a week our junior year of high school, but that seems so petty now. But, changing jobs feels like a break up in so many ways.
In a teary moment last night, I called my mom for some words of encouragement. She advised that I think about all the things I have to be thankful for which truly comes at a perfect time. So I figured I'd make a list because it's always good to see things right in front of you.
1. My husband. First and foremost, I am so thankful for Collin. He gets to experience the roller coaster of emotion with me and that's a lot to handle. He makes dinner, cleans up dinner, and always tries to keep me positive.
2. Our new home. I truly love our home and the memories we've already made here.
3. My family. My mom and dad drop absolutely everything for us. Last week, they made chicken noodle soup when I was sick and brought me a medicine ball. Mind you they live a solid 45 minutes away from us. They go above and beyond and love us endlessly.
4. My personal brand. Trendy in Indy is growing tremendously. I am thankful for the brands and companies that have worked with me up to this point. I've loved the connections and relationships this blog has allowed me to build.
5. The friends who will always be there. I truly have some of the best friends and without them, this life wouldn't be nearly as fun.
In times of change, it's important to reflect. I am trying to remind myself to put one foot in front of the other and I'll find my way again.
What are you thankful for?