When you're mentally, physical, and emotionally exhausted from everything going on in life you need to take a step back, take a breath, and take a break. Over the last few years, I have learned just how easy it is to put yourself on the back burner. You put everyone and everything in front of your own needs. At some point, this just completely wears you down and you find yourself in some sort of state between unhappy, frustrated, and over it.
For tonight's post I have collaborated with one of my favorite local shops, Eva Maison. They focus on living simply and their products embody this mission. This is one of a two part post and I wanted to share a few products for a ME DAY! Oh and you can use the code STEPH15 at checkout on evamaison.com or in store for 15% off so you can have the best ME DAY ever.
It is beyond time to treat yourself and just take some time to relax. Here are a few things you'll need for your ME DAY.
1. Face Mask and a great moisturizer. The 3-2-1 Facial Kit by One Love Organics is seriously so fabulous. I have always been a little skeptical of the whole yogurt-on-my-face-as-a-mask thing, but combined with the Brand New Day Microderma Scrub + Masque it is so soothing. The Skin Savior Wonder Balm also comes with this set and I kid you not, I am using this every night. I wake up with glowing skin.
2. A good book. Sometimes just diving into a book takes you to another world if you allow it to. Forget what's happening in your own life, and get invested in the characters.
3. Body Oil. So I am always looking for a new ultra moisturizing, fabulously scented lotion. Eva Maison introduced me to body oil as an alternative and let me tell you I am not going back. The Vanilla Citrus Moisturizing Oil by Indie Lee is my new go to. My skin has never been so soft and for such a long period of time.
3. Delicious Tea. I won't lie to you, I am not a huge tea drinker. I occasionally drink a night time tea to help with my sleep issues, but beyond that it's not a daily thing for me. However, the White Tea Blend by Big T NYC might make me a tea fanatic. The story behind the creation of this tea is so interesting. It was created by Theresa Krier after working backstage during NYFW with models who wouldn't touch soda and were over the taste of water. So this tea is calorie-free, delicious, and no one will even know how much sleep you didn't get last night.
5. Cozy clothes. Find your favorite oversized sweatshirt, leggings, pajama shorts, or whatever you prefer and some cozy socks. This cozy sweatshirt is the best from RaeLynn's Boutique.
So here's my challenge to you: In the next two weeks take a ME DAY. Curl up with your favorite blanket after a bath (of course with a bath bomb). Use your body oil, put on your face masque, grab your book and cup of tea and take some time to treat yourself.
Hope you're having a great week! Oh and don't forget use the code STEPH15 for 15% off at checkout at Eva Maison in store or online.