What to do in Indy for the holidays!
4 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! Holy cow we are really on a time crunch now. Since you are probably off work, out of school, or just taking some vacay days, I wanted to share a few things you can do in Indy over your Christmas break!
- IMS- Lights at the Brickyard. This is a new attraction at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The Indy 500 is close to my heart and my family loved this. We visited the IMS for my dad's 70th birthday and the lights were truly impressive. I would definitely say it wasn't worth it to pay for the fast pass since there wasn't a line, but it was so cool to drive over the Yard of Bricks.
- Yuletide Celebration. We use to attend this yearly when I was little and it is such a fun Christmas memory. Seating is extremely limited at this point, but you might be able to find something.
- Christmas at the Zoo. The lights at the zoo are absolutely amazing. It's the perfect family event that you can follow up with dinner downtown. Most of the animals aren't out, but the lights are totally worth it.
- Circle of Lights. The official lighting happens on Black Friday, but the lights stay lit all December. It's fun to see the lights on the circle and take a carriage ride downtown.
- A Christmas Carol at the IRT. This is a Christmas classic. I think this play is great because it shows a kind of darker side of Christmas as it is not a happy holiday for all. It shows the ups and downs of real life and shows how people can find happiness.
Whatever you decide to do this Christmas, I hope you enjoy the holiday with friends and family.