I cannot believe it's July already! We only have a few short weeks left to really take advantage of summer and it's time to make some final summer plans.
If you are an Indy native, take advantage of some of the amazing places our state has to offer. And if you've never been to Indy, put it on your bucket list. We truly have something for everyone.
- Visit Holiday World. This theme park is the absolute best in Indiana and it's fun for all ages. I don't do roller coasters so I spend all day in their thrilling water park. It's so much fun and too overly priced.
- Hike at Turkey Run. This state park is beautiful and full of exciting trails to hike. Pro tip: wear shoes you're okay to get wet and muddy and don't go if it has been raining the last several days. And when they say rugged trails, think border line rock climbing, crossing rivers, and going up and down wooden ladders.
- Downtown Indianapolis. There is so much to do in Indy. From Mass Ave to Fountain Square, local restaurants, cute boutiques, and wine bars are all over the place. One of my favorite places is Bakersfield on Mass Ave (the BEST margs).
- Go boating. Indiana is full of lakes and boat activities. We like to go to Lake Monroe and rent a pontoon boat or jet ski, but seriously just Google lakes and I am certain you will find one near you.
- Visit a farmer's market. So I know that farmer's markets exist almost everywhere, but you can't beat the local foods, drinks, and handmade goodies. Check out the market closest to you.
Summer is such a great time to get out and explore your city so take every opportunity you can. Every city has an adventure waiting around the corner and Indy is just full of hidden gems.