Photography by: Casey Ardizzone
Doing our wedding registry was probably one of my favorite parts of the engagement process and it was such a fun memory to create together. At first we thought we didn't really need much because we've been living together for the last year, but it turns out that there were actually quite a few items we felt could be useful. Here's my top 7 items that you need on your wedding registry (links below).
- Casual Dining Set- You need plates to use every single day and there's just no way to get around this. Pick something you know you will love and use for a long time. Also something affordable that you can replace if a plate or bowl breaks. We opted for Fiestaware because we love color and didn't want to be stuck with one particular look.
- Nonstick Cookware Set- Pots and pans are an absolute must. This will be one of the more expensive items on your registry, but a decent pots and pans set will last years and that's what you need.
- Full Bed Set- It may seem kind of tricky to pick out bedding if you don't know what colors you want the master bedroom to be. But, I suggest putting this on your registry and just pick something neutral that you can accent once you select colors.
- Fine China- At first, we weren't going to register for this because my mom and dad have the most beautiful China set, but Collin thought it might be nice for us to have our own. Plus, I love hosting parties and can see us using this for formal dinners down the road.
- Serving Platters- If you love to host parties and have friends over as much as I do, you need all the party and serving platters you can get. I love the tray server I've linked below.
- KitchenAid Mixer- Who loves to bake? I've never owned one of these mixers, but I have heard it's a must-have for bakers (or wannabe bakers). This is another expensive item, but perfect for a few people to go in on together.
- Bake and Carry Set- In my family, once you're on your own it's time to start contributing to family get-togethers by bringing some kind of dish. I love to make desserts so this bake and carry set would be so great to have and will make transporting desserts much easier.
Hopefully this registry guide is helpful to future newlyweds. I highly recommend Bed, Bath, and Beyond be your number one stop. Our experience with them was incredible and they have just about everything. Check out the links below for more details.