Moms are superheroes and they deserve to be celebrated which is one of the reasons I love Mother's Day. It's just two weeks away so gift shopping is probably on your mind. It always seems easier to buy for my mom than my dad, but I like to do something different each year besides flowers or a picture in a frame. Here's a list of 10 different gift ideas in case you are looking for something different and creative this year.
- Photo gifts. Shutterfly and/or Walgreens are my goto sites for all things photo gifts. My mom loves anything that has to do with pictures of our family, especially my brother and me. My favorite gift on both of these sites are the photo books, something mom can cherish forever.
- Anything that says mom. If your mom is anything like mine, she is beyond proud to be a mom. A cute mug or engraved bracelet are both great ideas.
- Handmade pottery. My mom is a sucker for anything handmade, but especially pottery. You can find things online, but also check out your local art fairs or potter's shop.
- Go wine tasting. My mom and I share a love of wine (specifically Reisling) so going and making a memory is so important and almost more special than a physical gift. A couple of great wineries/wine tasting shops in Indy are Mallow Run Winery, Tastings, and Cooper's Hawk.
- Canvas quote. Mom's love quotes. Whether it's something funny or sincere, just make sure it reminds her of you so when she reads it everyday it puts a smile on her face.
- Alex and Ani bracelet. These bracelets are my goto gift for so many occasions. They are stackable so you can keep adding to them and they have meaning. Last year, I got my mom the mother charm and she loved it.
- Spa day. What mom doesn't want to be pampered? Whether it's her favorite salon or her favorite spa, go with her and get whatever service she wants or a gift certificate is also a great idea.
- Mom's favorite things gift basket. All mom's have favorite things: perfume, coffee, tea, places to eat, places to shop, etc. Put some of these favorite things together in a gift basket, and throw in a photo of you and your siblings.
- Something monogrammed. My mom loves anything personalized and naturally so do I. Marley Lilly is my favorite site for everything monogrammed. From tumblers to scarves, this is the site to go to.
- Go make a memory. Take your mom and go do something fun. Whether it's a show, dinner, her favorite museum, just go make a memory and that is one of the best gifts of all.
Whether you buy her something, send a card, make a phone call, or go do something she will love, remember your mom this Mother's Day.
Oh, and I just have to share one of my favorite spring outfits with you guys... Check it out below!