Learning about others is how we relate to them. It allows us to create connection and foster genuine relationships.
Tonight, I'm sharing 15 things you probably don't know about me. I love doing posts like this to let you guys know more about me than the fact that I have red hair and support all things Indy and small businesses. I'd love to know which of these surprised you!
- I have a dream to own a bed and breakfast in a small beach town when Collin and I retire because let's be honest, I'll always need a hobby. I also love entertaining and hosting and Collin makes delicious breakfast so that's why I think this would be perfect!
- I think that all of the Marsh stores that went out of business should be turned into decade roller rinks and diners. Think different themed roller rinks starting with the 50s.
- My favorite Disney movie growing up was The Little Mermaid, go figure.
- If I could live anywhere, it’d be somewhere in the mountains, preferably Washington.
- I’ve never tried beer because when I was 12 and had allergy testing done, beer came up as a 3+ which probably should have been an indication of my gluten sensitivity. But also, why do they test for beer?
- I have scoliosis and one of my hips is significantly higher than the other because my spine is so curved. In dance, my ballet teachers would always tell me to put my hip down and I actually just couldn't.
- I had braces from 4th grade to 8th grade and headgear for a short time that I only wore at night. Collin didn’t even know this until this week.
- I wasn’t allowed to watch the Rugrats growing up or eat hard candy. My mom was a dental hygienist.
- I’ve had 5 anaphylactic allergic reactions that have all ended in an ambulance ride to different hospitals because we were out of state or not at home. The last one was at Louie's in Fishers on their opening weekend and I was rolled out on a stretcher, mortified. Still haven’t figured out why this happens to me, but being gluten free definitely helps.
- I don’t watch the news or keep up with what’s happening in the world, especially politics. I probably should, but at the end of the day, I don’t understand it and I don’t want to waste energy trying so I stick to what I'm good at and learn more about marketing and bettering my life.
- I'm not a natural redhead. In fact, I'm more of a light brown.
- I've always worked in the fashion industry. Well, since I was 17. But, I live for it. There's such an energy in this industry that doesn't exist elsewhere.
- I was an Alpha Phi at Butler where I found my tribe. I’m so thankful for the best friends I made as a member, including all of the babes in my bridal party.
- My environment has to be clean and organized. I actually can't function in a messy room, I've tried.
- I actually started Trendy in Indy at the end of 2012 when my sorority sisters encouraged me to blog about fashion. Unfortunately, the site I started became more of a travel writing space while I was abroad that semester and then I dropped it altogether. I wish I wouldn't have, but coulda, woulda, shoulda and here we are today!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Let me know which fact surprised you most and tell me something about you that most people don't know in the comments.
Cheers to the week ahead and getting to know each other better,